2020 Ultimate Picnic Spring Mystery Quilt
- Starts Monday, April 13 and runs 6 weeks (completes May 18)
- Patterns are free and will be posted to our blog (right here) on Mondays (PDF links will be posted near the bottom of this post)
- Finished size is approximately 48” x 48”
- Kits + Backing Sets are available
- Helpful, but not required tool: Bloc Loc 6.5" HST Ruler
- Fabric requirements & cutting instructions will be posted on week 1
- Skill level: confident beginner
- YouTube Tutorials will be available with Kathy of Kathy's Kute Kreations and Yvette of The Yvette Rene.
This kit features the Summertime Collection from Wilmington!
Tag your progress on Instagram with #ultimatepicnicquilt
Downloads: (will be activated on the days listed)
- April 13: Fabric Requirements + Cutting Instructions
- April 13: Week 1 Star & Pinwheel Block
- April 20: Week 2 Large HST Blocks
- April 27 - May 4 Week 3 & 4 QST Blocks
- May 11 - Week 5 Flying Geese Blocks
- May 18 - Assembly
These free patterns are provided by Fort Worth Fabric Studio and are intended for home use only. Printing & distributing copies of this pattern is prohibited. Selling this pattern or using it as part of a kit for sale is prohibited.
Thank you so much for offering these free quilt patterns and having Yvette and Kathy show us how to make them. I watch both of their weekly instructional videos and appreciate the helpful instructions and tips.
This was my first mystery quilt with you. I have really enjoyed it. The patterns were very easy to follow and the videos were a nice bonus. I will definitely be taking part in your future mystery projects. I learnt a lot doing this quilt. I learnt that it is easier to cut all your fabric right off the start, a little time consuming at the beginning but well worth the time and also how to use the loc-bloc ruler correctly, that I have had for a very long time and never used. Thank you for sharing your creativity with everyone.
I loved doing this mystery quilt and so excited to see the assembly.
I just wanted to say thank you for the free downloadable patterns! I saw a beautiful quilt on Pinterest today and after commenting on it the quilter directed me to your site. I have enjoyed browsing and downloaded a few. Thanks again!
I would just like to say Thank You for having a mystery quilt with the bonus of a free pattern. It means so much to quilters to have a little “mystery” in there lives especially during these troubling times. Each week you give us something to look forward to and then we have the rest of the week to stay focused and meet the challenge. There are so many people that are not working who have lost wages and this is something we can do at little or no cost. You have put a little bit of positive in this negative time. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Just wondering when you will have more kits for the Ultimate Picnic quilt available
I really love this quilt i plan on giving it as a wedding present
This is wonderful. I’m especially charmed by the second block. Thank you so much!
I CHANGED MY ADDRESS ON MY ORDER PLEASE CECK ADDRESS BEFORE MAILING
This is my first mystery sew along with you, can’t wait to get started!
So looking forward to the Spring Mystery. I got wird ny kit has been shipped. yippee!!!