2020 Just Say Boo! (Halloween) Mystery Quilt
- Starts Monday, September 28 and runs 4 weeks (completes October 19)
- Patterns are free and will be posted to our blog (right here) on Mondays (PDF links will be posted near the bottom of this post)
- Finished size is approximately 57” x 57”
- Kits are available Here & Backing Sets are available Here (while they last!)
- Helpful, but not required tool: Bloc Loc 6.5" HST Ruler
- Fabric requirements & cutting instructions will be posted on week 1 plus a fabric swatch guide!
- Skill level: confident beginner
- Join our Just Say Boo Facebook Group
- YouTube Tutorials will be available with Kathy of Kathy's Kute Kreations and Kristen of Hand Tossed Crafts
This kit features fabrics from Moda, Riley Blake, Robert Kaufman, and StudioE!
Tag your progress on Instagram with #justsaybooquilt
Downloads: (will be activated on the days listed)
- September 28: Fabric Requirements + Cutting Instructions
- September 28: Cutting Diagram for Fabric A + *Fabric Swatch Guide
- September 28: Week 1 Bat Blocks + Wonky Star Blocks
- October 5: Week 2 Small Scrappy Pumpkin + Purple Scrappy Pumpkin + Cat Tail
- October 12: Week 3 Cat Head + Orange Pumpkin Bottom + Orange Pumpkin Top
- October 19: Week 4 Assembly
*new for this quilt along!
These free patterns are solely owned & provided by Fort Worth Fabric Studio and are intended for home use only. Printing & distributing copies of this pattern is prohibited. Selling this pattern or using it as part of a kit for sale is prohibited. Exclusive kitting rights belong to Fort Worth Fabric Studio.
My good friend Joan & I are totally in LOVE with all things Halloween! This will be this year’s addition to our Halloween Quilt Collection. Thank you so very much.
Just saw a friend’s finished quilt (Bonnie Richie)
It was sooooo cute. She said the pattern came from here and I could get it. My Daughters anniversary is Halloween and I try to make something for her ,and I know she will LOVE LOVE THIS
THANK YOU FOR THE FREE PATTERN
can istill get patterns for this
Hi This quilt if sooo adorable. I’m sorry I did not join this quilt along. However, I’m still working on Tara. Does the pattern come with the fabric?
I started this quilt late…just finished my bat blocks. All I can say is WOW!! From the amazing instructions for cutting to the perfect fabrics and finally the reveal; I LOVE IT!! Thank you for sharing this!
I had resisted this qal for quite awhile but once I saw how cute the blocks are, I was hooked and bought the kit. W/e project to get started/caught up.
I am totally new to quilting i have done 2 blocks so far but i’m getting overwhelm with all the different thing that goes with quilting . For me i taught quilting was making lines to form a box pattern with batting on the inside but oh no i got a fabulous rude awakening to a whole different world with quilting and fabrics. I know nothing about Holloween but i joined a swap that was based on this tradition and i found you but it’s to late the swap is over but i tried the star and now i’m excited to finish it so i hope to catch up.
I’m having a great time sewing the blocks- can’t wait to start on week 2!!!
I am loving this SAL! Thank you SO much!
The black cat fabric convinced me I needed this one, even though I haven’t finished your autumn mystery. Your mystery quilts are so fun.
I finally received my kit today and just pulled up all of the information so I can get started on this fun quilt!