2021 Winter's Frost (Winter) Mystery Quilt
- Starts Monday, January 25 and runs 5 weeks (completes February 22)
- Patterns are free and will be posted to our blog (right here) on Mondays (PDF links will be posted near the bottom of this post)
- Finished size is approximately 54” x 66”
- Kits are available Here (currently Sold Out)
- We currently do not have backing sets available due to sourcing issues, but will make these available if at all possible. You will need 3.5 yards of 44" wide for backing.
- Helpful, but not required tool: Bloc Loc 6.5" HST Ruler
- Fabric requirements & cutting instructions will be posted on week 1 plus a fabric swatch guide!
- Skill level: confident beginner
- Join our Winter's Frost Facebook Group
- YouTube Tutorials will be available with Kathy of Kathy's Kute Kreations and Kristen of Hand Tossed Crafts
This kit features a great selection of Grunge fabrics from Moda!
Tag your progress on Instagram with #wintersfrostmysteryquilt
Downloads: (will be activated on the days listed)
- January 25: (3 PDF's) Fabric Requirements + Cutting Instructions, Fabric A Cutting Guide, Fabric Guide with Swatches
- February 1: Week 2: Bear Paw Blocks
- February 8: Week 3: Sliced Rectangles
- February 15: Week 4: Frosty Star
- February 22: Week 5: Final Assembly
*new for this quilt along!
These free patterns are solely owned & provided by Fort Worth Fabric Studio and are intended for home use only. Printing & distributing copies of this pattern is prohibited. Selling this pattern or using it as part of a kit for sale is prohibited. Exclusive kitting rights belong to Fort Worth Fabric Studio.
I loved doing this mystery quilt. looking forward to the next.
I bought 2 kits because I would like to make a Queen Sized quilt which is 88X94 for my Granddaughter. Has anyone figured out how many blocks I need to achieve this size?? I know I need 33" more for the top 28" length of the Quilt, but that’s all this 78 year old brain can figure out!!!
I’m late starting but I look forward to making this along with everyone!. I’ll be getting my fabric tomorrow!
I think I put myself on the waiting list for a Winters Frost kit. Since the quilt along is beginning now, will we still be able to join the quilt along when the kit comes in? I do not want to do the quilt along without this fabric to use. Really hoping the kit comes in soon. Just wondering if we’ll be too behind to do the quilt along by the time the fabric arrives.
Good Morning. I’m excited to start Winter’s Frost quilt along today. I appreciate having You Tube access to quilters who are working along with me. It helps to see how cutting is done as well as construction. I am a fan of Kathy’s. THANK YOU so much. I know this will be a great quilt !!!! And…..the fabric selection is beyond beautiful.
Interested in mystery quilt
Thank you sew much for another Mystery Quilt. So generous and kind of you to do these. Your free patterns are wonderful and the excited for this to begin 2 1/2 weeks!! Again, many thanks.
Thank you so much for information . My order has been shipped and I look forward to Jan 25.
What is the smallest size block that will be created in this quilt? I’m not very good with small but have participated in a few of the quilt alongs.