2021 Suddenly Summer Mystery Quilt
- Starts Monday, June 14 and runs 6 weeks (completes July 19)
- Patterns are free and will be posted to our blog (right here) on Mondays (PDF links are listed near the bottom of this post)
- Finished size is approximately 56” x 67”
- Kits are available Here
- You will need 3.5 yards of 44" wide for backing. (Order 4.25 yards if your print is directional). We suggest you choose from the Sunday Stroll collection.
- Helpful, but not required tool: Bloc Loc 6.5" HST Ruler
- Fabric requirements & cutting instructions will be posted on week 1 plus a fabric swatch guide!
- Skill level: confident beginner
- Join our Suddenly Summer Facebook Group
- YouTube Tutorials will be available with Kathy of Kathy's Kute Kreations and Kristen of Hand Tossed Crafts
This kit features a great selection of Moda fabrics!
Tag your progress on Instagram with #suddenlysummerquilt
Downloads: (will be activated on the days listed)
- June 14: (Note there are 3 PDF's to download) Fabric Requirements + Cutting Instructions, Fabric A Cutting Guide, Fabric Guide with Swatches
- June 21: Week 2 Strawberry Blocks
- June 28: Week 3 Watermelon Blocks
- July 5: Week 4 Popsicle Blocks
- July 12: Week 5 Gingham Blocks
- July 19: Week 6 Quilt Assembly
These free patterns are solely owned & provided by Fort Worth Fabric Studio and are intended for home use only. Printing & distributing copies of this pattern is prohibited. Selling this pattern or using it as part of a kit for sale is prohibited. Exclusive kitting rights belong to Fort Worth Fabric Studio.
Love your mystery quilts! Starting this suddenly summer quilt. Thank you!
Just ordered this kit because every time I come across this quilt it makes me happy.
Just finished Suddenly Summer and love, love it!!! It’s so happy. Thank you for creating, putting it together and sharing. 😊
JUST NOW found this on July 18th from someone’s instagram post right before the end of the quilt along!!! I love it!!! Just downloaded the pattern! Thank you!
This beautiful summer quilt design just screams summer! The blocks are so bright and cheerful, just like the season! FWFS, you never disappoint! Such a fun sew long ! I am a huge fan and have supported you for a long time, never afraid to recommend your website!
So fun 🍓🍉
Love Love 🍓🍓🍓
This Will Be Fun..
This First Pattern is Darling..😃🍓🎉👏
Did all my cutting today. Can’t wait to get started sewing.
So excited, can’t wait to get started!!!!!
I’m going to be on vacation one of the weeks, would I be able to get the week I miss after I get back home. Also is there a set time that you have to watch the video on Monday or can you access it any time on Monday? Thanks
So excited about the Mystery Quilt sew along. I am anxious to get started.
Buying my first mystery kit today!!!